MAVERICK OF THE MONTH
Congrats to CHRISTOPHER CRUZ our “Maverick of the Month”!
Chris joined Team Maverick in November of 2019. He is serving our customer as an Airwatch Administrator.
1. How long have you been in Information Technology?
I have been in Information Technology since I was a kid. My Grandpa would bring home old broken computers and encourage me to learn all I can about them. I “Frankensteined” my first computer together when I was 11 years old and have been doing it ever since.
2. How did you get involved with your current position?
I was actively looking for new opportunities when Beth Lins (Maverick’s Sr. Technical Recruiter) approached me about this amazing opportunity. I am very happy to have accepted it!
3. What do you enjoy most about your job?
I truly enjoy the challenge in Mobile Engineering. I have always looked forward to solving the next puzzle and learning about the latest innovations in technology.
4. What are your thoughts on the future of the IT industry?
It’s ever-changing and continues to expand daily! The IT industry has a very bright future.
5. What advice would you give to your 20-year-old self?
Stay on track, don’t be discouraged! Although, I may also give myself a nice kick to finish school sooner.
6. Where would you go if you won a free trip to anywhere in the world?
That’s a tough one because there are so many places I want to visit. Although, if I had to choose I would go to Rome. I am a big history buff and would love to see these places in person.
7. What are your hobbies or things that you like to do in your free time?
A few things I really enjoy are fishing, grilling, camping, hiking, traveling, and more than anything I truly enjoy spending time with my family!
8. What do you enjoy about working with Maverick?
Without a doubt, I enjoy working with the people who make up Maverick. Beth, Becky, and everyone I have had the privilege to work with so far has been tremendously helpful and supportive.
“Christopher is a pleasure to work with. I am always impressed with his responsiveness and positive attitude”.
Beth Lins, Senior Technical Recruiter, Maverick Technology Partners