MAVERICK OF THE MONTH February 2020
Congrats to ABDUL HANNAN for being named February’s “Maverick of the Month”!
Abdul joined Team Maverick a little over a year ago. He is working for our customer, a global medical device company in their office located in the United Kingdom.
1. How long have you been in Information Technology?
I have been in Information Technology since I was 10. I remember going to my neighbor’s house to fix their PC when I was 12, it was a simple windows 98 hard drive defrag!
2. How did you get involved with your current position?
While I was looking for new opportunities on LinkedIn, Beth from Maverick approached me and provided me the details of this current opportunity and it turned out to be precisely what I was looking for!
3. What do you enjoy most about your job?
Working on exciting new projects that help me gain knowledge and stay in touch with current technologies.
4. What are your thoughts on the future of the IT industry?
The future of IT lies with AI (Artificial Intelligence) which can pave the way for products that can very beneficial to us mere mortals.
5. What advice would you give to your 20-year-old self?
The best advice which I continue to live by is to always be kind to everyone and always be humble no matter how far you go in life!
6. Where would you go if you won a free trip to anywhere in the world?
7. What are your hobbies or things that you like to do in your free time?
I don’t really get much free time, but when I do I like to read up on technology articles, play games on my computer, watch tv series and play sports with my friends.
8. What do you enjoy about working with Maverick?
I like how Beth checks in with me to see if everything is running smoothly on my end.
“Abdul is a pleasure to work with.
His kindness transcends over the phone lines when we converse”.
Beth Lins, Sr. Technical Recruiter, Maverick Technology Partners