“Maverick of the Month” for January 2018
Maverick Technology Partners has chosen Dave Cosio as our “Maverick of the Month” for January 2018. Dave has 20+ years of experience in the IT field. His extensive knowledge with current Information Technologies, constant communication and willingness to corroborate with our recruiting team makes him extremely admirable.
1. How long have you been in Information Technology?
2. How did you get involved with your current position?
Michelle Mercurio, Maverick’s Lead Technical Recruiter, reached out in Feb 2016. While the initial round didn’t work out, her follow-up landed me at Rackspace in the position I originally interviewed for in 2016.
3. What do you enjoy most about your job?
The pace. It is a fast paced environment that requires a lot of creativity. Secondly, the team. This is one of the best teams I have worked with in my 25 years in this industry.
4. What are your thoughts on the future of the IT industry?
The cloud is really just someone else’s compute resource. Service is still the differentiator. Rackspace is uniquely positioned to lead in complete business technology solutions regardless of where the underlying infrastructure sits.
5. What advice would you give to your 20 year old self?
Fear nothing. Take the chances needed to make you whole. Sometimes I was a bit too conservative with my decision making.
6. Where would you go if you won a free trip to anywhere in the world?
Seychelles. 2nd choice would be Vietnam.
7. What are you hobbies or things you like to do in your free time?
I’m a hockey player and I also play (badly) the guitar.
8. What do you enjoy about working with Maverick?
Michelle’s professionalism as well as her personable nature. We formed a connection that I have never made with a recruiter before. It was refreshing as the recruitment industry can be tough.
9. Propose a question for the next Maverick of the Month?
How do you deal with success?